Sunday, November 27, 2011

Makeout slut

The first step is admitting that you have a problem, correct? Well, this last week I turned into a bit of a make out slut. Yesterday I entered a self-imposed rehab, and I'm happy to report that last night my tongue did NOT land in anyone's mouth. That was actually my goal for the night. No, I'm serious.

 It all started last weekend, when I road tripped it over to Chicago with some friends from Midwestern City to fete a friend's big and dirty 30. The weekend was a f*ing blast, though I felt less like a human when it was all over since I had seen less than an hour of daylight all weekend. We partied silly.

Friday night I had lost an earring that He had given me for my birthday just a few weeks ago. This was the day after we had a heated Skype-typing debate over an article that recently appeared in HuffPo. He wasn't in my good books. And so, when Dirty Thirty's Chicago friend started putting the moves on me, I rolled with it. And when another guy started doing the same, I rolled with that too. There was a bit of an altercation between the two groups, sure, but no black eyes the next day. The second dude --who was probably barely 21 but so goddamn cute I couldn't take it -- ambush-kissed me out of nowhere while I was asking him to chillax and not deal out black eyes, so that doesn't really count against me.

Chicago Boy and I had a hot and steamy make out session...well, three... in a mini-kitchen of a Veterans of War Club, on his roof (which I think had a great view of the Chicago skyline, though I didn't really get to take it in), in the staircase leading from the roof back to his apartment where all of our friends were, and again in his room, while he was asking me to stay over. Oh, I  guess that's four. But, boys and girls, I'm happy to report that I showed some self-constraint and did not stay the night. That made the taco breakfast that we ate at 3 p.m. the next day more digestible, I'm sure.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with that. And by that, I mean him. I don't want to date the guy, though he seemed to be treading into that territory ("So, how often do you come into the city?" "You know, sometimes I visit [town close to where I live]"). I think I sent that message loudly and clearly in my text the next day: "Hey. Had fun this weekend. Thanks for showing me a good time. Will give you a ring next time I'm in the city. Take care." To that he wrote back "Had a good time too. Do let me know next time you're in Chicago. Don't hesitate to call or text. Hope to see you soon." We'll see where that goes. At least I have a place to stay when I'm in Chicago now. :-)

So that was nice. Even nicer was making out with my salsa instructor a couple of days later. And then going over to his place the next night for a little pre-party and being greeted at the door by his live-in girlfriend (whoops!). But that's a different story, for a different time...


2 comments:

  1. gurl! where were you at all these years I been single!? you choose NOW! Now that we live in different cities!? wtf!? all those times in grad school I needed a wing chick....and NOW you are in a million miles away..

    sigh..

    either way, glad to hear you are having fun and rebound make-outs are proving to be hilarious and non-damaging to you.

    Don't read too much into the chicago dudes questions - he just wants to get laid. In his mind, you like him enough to make out with him a lot, but for whatever reason you didn't want to sleep with him - don't know him well enough, didn't want to do it with your friends around, didn't want to look easy - whatever. But he's closer to sleeping with you than other women, so of course he is going to ask you when you are in town next, because the reasons he think is existed that night, might not exist in the next meeting. But he at least knows you are attracted enough to him to make out...getting laid, hop, skip and a jump away!

    and you're super hot and who wouldn't want to bang ya!?

    hehe. great stories, my lady.

    love love
    lc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurllllll, there'll be plenty of time this summer. We'll get started over the winter break, yeah? ;) I think we'd make a dangerous team.

    For the most part, no, I'm not damaged. Well, actually, by the fourth kissing session in three nights I started to feel a bit shitty, which is why I went into rehab.

    As for Chicago Boy's question, that was my read too...until our mutual friend shed some light. Apparently he told her he liked me...even before I was all easy. And he does, actually, have plenty of girls he's got "ins" on...like the two bartenders who served us all shots. But still, why not add another, I thought. Mutual friend says he really just wants to find a girl to settle down with. (Did I mention he has a kid? Yeah.) But, whatever, not thinking about it too hard.

    Why I didn't stay the night may or may not have had to do with the state of my nether region, but also wanting to ease back on the boy scene rather than hopping into the sack with the first one, which would usually be my instinct.

    Glad you enjoy. Will write about Salsa Instructor soon.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete