Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A temporary antidote

I need a drink. Badly. And I plan on getting oh-so-pleasantly tipsy as soon as the doctor clears me. And by pleasantly tipsy I mean completely shitfaced (hello 19-year-old-me...and 21-year-old-me....and 25-year-old-me-at-the-Yelle-concert).


Until then, I resolve to stop listening to Adele and to instead watch Curb Your Enthusiasm  and the "Annie gets relaxed" scene from Bridesmaids on repeat (if you haven't seen the movie, stop whatever you are doing and watch it immediately).


Any other suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. uh - i like to watch mindless violence with no chance of any romantic entanglements. May I suggest the Blade Trilogy? No seriously - there is not potential for any relationships, except maybe some fatherly or bro type love bt Blade and Kris Kristopherson and maybe an occasional sex type metaphor scene when vampires bite eachother. But ppl don't even make out in these movies (unless they are about to die!).

    trust me - amazing.

    but seriously think about it - every gawd damn movie has some sort of hook up or romantic storyline. What is with that!?

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I should mention that the villians are hilarious, the one-line zingers are ridiculous, and the whole time, you can say to yourself that at least you are not serving time for tax evasion.

    Plus, if you get to the third movie, you get eye candy with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel - but NOT making out - but rather, being super in shape bad-asses (some may debate the bad-assery, but hater gonna hate!)

    lc

    ReplyDelete