Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday night blogging

Yes, I'm aware that it's past 2 a.m. on a Friday night (technically Saturday morning) and I'm blogging while my friends are probably beginning to stumble out of the bar and slur "good night" to one another. I was supposed to meet them tonight, but instead stayed home and Skype-dated with my gal pals back home, checked out Etsy.com and Craigslist, and watched the finale of So You Think You Can Dance (wahooooo for Melanie! and for Hulu!). No, my staying in is not some form of self-imposed punishment. It's just that most of the people there--a mix of (not super close) friends and acquaintances--I haven't seen all summer, and I just didn't want to go through the whole explanation thing tonight. Especially since I'm still not allowed to touch a drop of alcohol, which I've so badly wanted to drench myself in lately.

Buuuttttt I didn't sit at home concocting stories, as I did last Saturday. And that's something to be proud of, I think, since I knew He was out with his roommates for the first time in East Coast City...Skype never lies). Three cheers for progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment