Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wanderlust-ing

So, I won't be going down to Gautemala with Him over the winter break.

...we might, however, be traveling through South America together next summer.

I'll be kind and rewind: 
As you know, both Him and His Maman invited me, on several occasions, to come to Guatemala over the winter break (yes, post breakup). I was holding off on the decision, and holding off, and holding off. Then, just a few days ago, He shared the most recent news: His brother would be coming to Guatemala over the break, too. This little bit of information effectively made the decision for me. My immediate thought, which I managed to verbally suppress (yay! I'm an adult!) was, "Hey, wait a minute! What about me coming down to visit?" We revisited the conversation today, and kinda together decided that it'll probably work out best if I don't come down over the holidays, leave them to their brotherly/family bonding...and perhaps join Him in the summertime, and together visit His Maman somewhere on the continent to the south of ours. 

I'm still very much processing this information, which came up about ten minutes ago. Bear with me, and this diary-like post. 

I guess my first reaction was excitement. I've been to Central America and the Caribbean, but not yet South America--and I want to, badly. And duh I want to see Him. We're not finished. But oh yeah, I've got weddings and a preliminary exam next summer and can't just follow my wanderlusty instincts...But whoaaa that'll be possibly a full year since we last saw each other. A YEAR! And sure my 25-year-old self now knows what my 5-year-old self did not: a year really isn't that long of a time..........except it kinda IS when it refers to the amount of time that I will not have seen Him in person.

As I've been doing up until now, I plan to figure it out once I get there. 

For now, I'm letting my biggest headache be figuring out what I want to do with my five weeks off over winter break! Do I hear the West Coast calling?



No comments:

Post a Comment