Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thinking of you...

I had been hitting the snooze button for well over half an hour, and just as I reached to silence the alarm for the fifth time, I caught a glimpse of His name on my caller's display. I picked up, and did my best I've-been-awake-for-hours-Hello?

"Good morning, bubs! Did I wake you up? I 'm standing at the base of the Washington Monument and thinking of you. Okay, well I don't want to hold up the group I'm with, I just wanted to tell you that."

And that's when my heart--which has been doing pretty damn well--melted. You see, for the year that we lived in The South, we had always talked about taking a trip out to D.C., but we never made it out there. But we also talked about going to India, and to Spain, and honeymooning in Greece, and checking out Belize and Honduras, and taking a road trip across the U.S., and going to the Eastern Townships in Quebec, and so much more. Why did we break up again? Maybe we should be together after all. We work well. He knows me better than anybody else on the face of this planet, and same goes the other way around. We still love each other deeply. Maybe we should at least go on a trip together sometime in the next few months. The other day when I mentioned to him possibly going out to San Francisco later this year, He surprised me with, "Well, maybe I'll be there, too."

I know it's best for us not to be together right now, but I just want to see Him and have a few days where we're back to us. How much do tickets to East Coast City cost anyways....




No comments:

Post a Comment