Thursday, September 8, 2011

The (who) to-do list

I must admit that even when I was very happily committed to Him , I kept a mental to-do list of, well, who to do. Yes, folks, I'm talking about that kind of do. The kind that rhymes and reminds of screw.

And now I present the top three items on my list, in order of preference:
  1. A fiery Latin lover who would speak to me in Spanish and whom I'd understand only half the time.
  2. A man with salt and pepper hair. And not one of those late-twenties salt and pepper types either. I'm talking middle-aged and wears a tie.
  3. A professor. Preferably in my department. On Mondays. (*Could be combined with #2, but preferably wouldn't be.)
I had no intention of ever getting around to this to-do list, but it was fun to think about. But now that I'm single...

Lately I'd been thinking of scratching #3 off the list. Unlike all of the love affairs between graduate students and professors that I'd read about in shamefully bad novels like Douglas Kennedy's Leaving This World, most professors that I have encountered haven't been near screw-worthy. Until yesterday, that is, when I walked in late to my first class of the semester and set my eyes on a professor who was indeed very screw-worthy. All I could think about as he spoke about political revolutions was the revolution that could be going on in my bed when the semester ends. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...that I'll keep #3 on the list.



1 comment:

  1. gurl, you best be sending me a link of who this prof is! I'll never meet him, so you can totally tell me! send me an email, my lady...

    LC

    ReplyDelete